Beginner’s Hike 101 p.2
Going on a 2 -3 hour day hike? Here are a few items I like to bring with me.
- Water. This is the number one thing to bring with you at all time. You can never have enough water to drink.
- Map. When I plan a trail, I must have my map with me.
- Towel. Nothing is wrong in bringing one. I like to use it when I rest for lunch or do a little stretching .
- First aid kit. Anything can happen and it is best to be prepare.
- Snacks. You must bring some power and energy snacks to energize your hike. Believe me, it helped me walked up a steep trail.
- Camera and/or phone. Bring to take a photo of nature.
- Compass. It’s always good to have one when your electronic devices are shut down.
- Whistle. My emergency tool to seek help when needed.
- Wireless speaker. All my hikes are my workout. So a good tune of music is also a booster.
- Pocket knife. Honestly, I have not use it at all, but I do know that it will be handy one day.
These are the basic hiking essentials I bring to a day hike. In my next Beginners hike 101, I’ll explain further details of the items I bring.
Follow me on instagram @melanie.s_hiking