Note: Kindly read carefully to get approval for your guest post.
Want to contribute a hiking adventure article to hiking communities around the world? Before you submit a guest post at Melanie’s Hiking, read these guidelines to ensure that your post gets approved
Being a hiking blogger, I encourage Hikers and Backpackers to contribute an original article when they’re going hiking, where the trail is located and their experience to Melanie’s Hiking or anything that is related to the topic in order to showcase their hiking experience in front of a wide audience.
The purpose here is to help you reach out to an audience base, share your hiking adventures, and perhaps most importantly, give something back to the community with real expereinces than an application on the phone.
Let me share a few more reasons why contributing to Melanie’s Hiking is a good idea:
- we have people subscribe on various mediums such as RSS, email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.
- There will be a big increase on readers per day.
- Your author pic is shown everywhere and post is promoted on our social media platform.
Before you join the others who have already contributed to Melanie’s Hiking, let me lay down some tips and important things for you to consider when submitting your post to ensure that it gets accepted. (Please note that the author and/or group that submits to Melanie’s Hiking are not being compensated. This is solely a free informational resource to the community.)
To become a frequent hiking contributor at Melanie’s Hiking, here are some tips that will help you get your article accepted and published:
Your content must be related to hiking or backpacking.
Write content that is solely focused on quality and adding value for readers.
You have to be a blogger or an adventure seeker who has something to write and share for the community.
Here are a few categories that Melanie’s Hiking accepts articles from:
- Trail reviews
- Location of the trail
- Name of the trail
- What season of the year you went
- What is the condition of the trail
- How many miles is your hike?
- What time did you complete the trail round trip or straight?
- Your pro’s and con’s of the trail and would you recommend it.
- Product reviews (Products are solely from your experience. No Affiliate Links and selling. Your post will not get accepted.)
- Name of the product
- What does the item do?
- How much is it?
- What is your personal experience on it?
- Would you recommend it?
A few things to remember before submitting your guest post:
- Quality: Articles should be a minimum of 300 and maximum of 800 words and should cover the topic in detail. Incomplete details are like half-cooked food; no one loves incomplete articles. To ensure your article gets published, write a very original piece which is written for Melanie’s Hiking audience.
- Credit: Melanie’s Hiking respects individual work and if your idea is from another source, please list the credit.
- Video & Photos: If you have a video, please do not submit it with your post. Instead, Link your video from YouTube and viewers can click on it. Your photos are welcome on the post, however if they are more than 10 photo’s, please have them in a slide show.
- Copyright: Melanie’s Hiking respect everyone’s work. In case we find out that you have copied a post from somewhere else, you will get an instant ban and immediate removal. Also, by submitting a post to Melanie’s Hiking, you give us copyright ownership of the post. (I’m sure all adventure seekers writes from personal experiences and would love to share. This should not be an issue.)
If you have read and understood all of the guidelines mentioned above, here is how you can submit the article.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sub: Guest posting at Melanie’s Hiking
Body: Mention the title and outline of your post and mention with there will be any backlink to a website such as YouTube, blog post etc…
Please give two weeks for Melanie’s Hiking to review and publish your post. We will contact you via email.
If you have any questions regarding guest posting at Melanie’s Hiking, do shoot out an email.